2.2

I bought a Mosquito Magnet Professional unit for just under $1,000 in hopes to reduce the swarms of mosquitoes that inhabit our yard each summer in Maine. The original unit caught mosquitoes like gangbusters.

I could not believe how many of the critters were stuffed in the net only after a short time of operation! Truly amazing. There was one problem however, there is a solar charger on the unit that is supposed to make it "cordless". However, the battery would constantly discharge so I needed to keep it plugged in to work.

At the end of the first season, I returned it for repair. I received a "new" unit back but I could immediately tell that it was a slightly different unit. (not the one that I originally shipped). The following summer I fired it up with a new tank of propane.

After a week or two following the arrival of the swarm, I checked the net. I could count a few skeeters there but absolutely NOTHING like the performance of the original unit. I completed the troubleshooting tips recommended by the manufacturer. (new tank of propane, new attractant cartridge, used a cleaning/purge canister, changed location).

Still no performance. I went through two tanks of propane with very little to show for it. I put the unit in the shelf in the garage and gave up. After regretting paying close to a grand for a shelf fixture, I recently decided to contact the manufacturer to try to repair it or get credit for trade in on a new one.

Found out that they dont offer repairs. The repairs are handled by an external service provider. I tried calling and just get an answering machine. Left my contact info but never got a call back.

Contacted customer service again and am waiting on a reply. I have a feeling this unit will probably end up in the dump. Its a shame, it worked really well.

Too bad the reliability or service isnt there. Therefore, I can NOT recommend mosquito magnet

Product or Service Mentioned: Mosquito Magnet Trap.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want a fully functioning reliable unit. I need mine repaired or a replacement. .

Mosquito Magnet Pros: Loved the performance when it worked.

Mosquito Magnet Cons: Reliability, After sales support and customer care.

Comments